Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Reason I Run

Before I had my baby I ran a decent 5k. I wasn't super fast, but I was pleased with my performance. Now, after a few weeks of bedrest, giving birth & some recovery I am trying to get back into the race. I never really had much "drive" to run more than a 5k...until now.

I feel a confirmation about wanting to run further. Before I even knew about the prize at the finish line I had a desire to attempt to finish a half marathon. When I told my good friend and running coach, about my goal she told me about the Nike Marathon. All finishers receive a Tiffany Necklace! That is pretty cool. The race is October 22. My thinking is that I will be able to say that for my 30th birthday I got a Tiffany necklace, little blue box and all.....I just had to run 13.1 miles to get it.

2 comments:

AllyZabba said...

Private scuba diving lessons?? I am not that amazing! =)

Anonymous said...

WOW...a Tiffany Blue Box with the Tiffany Ribbon....forget the necklace!!!