Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My Pappy

My grandfather, Pappy, is in poor health. It makes me sad to think that these are his last months with us. He is such a wonderful man. I have so many memories of him; his silly laugh, watching Bugs Bunny cartoons with him, him playing the harmonica, using a tape player to record random conversations with us, eating hoagies, and his prayers. My Pappy can pray the heavens down.

Pappy met my grandmother on a blind date, 18 months later they eloped and they have been married for 68 years. He came home from World War 2 with 5 battle stars and some shrapnel in his leg. He lives on the same property that he lived on as a young boy.

At 92 years old he still enjoys a good Bugs Bunny show, he loves to sit on the porch and have a "powerful" cup of coffee, and his prayers are more sincere then ever. Just today he prayed that he and his family would be able to enjoy the time they have left together.

I love you Pappy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a sweet post. He sounds like a wonderful man. I'm sorry that he's not doing well.

What a BLESSING that your girls inherit such a great and godly legacy.