Thursday, September 20, 2007

Balance

September brings many new beginnings. BigZabba has started school, I have started a Bible study...everything is just starting. So why am I already feeling stressed? I think I am feeling like I am already juggling too many things. I am training for the 1/2 marathon in October, AllyZabba has been steady lately, getting BZ up, ready for school and arriving on time is getting draining already, plus all the "regular" Mom/Wife duties; laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping, then Bible study, and trying to squeeze in social time for BigZabba's friends and myself. It is all good things, but I feel overwhelmed already. I had a great talk with Susan today and her suggestion was to set boundaries. I really want to do that, but I just don't know what those boundaries should be. Strict AllyZabba office hours? Fix lunches the night before? I am not sure. Maybe once we get into more of a routine things won't feel so busy. Any sage words of wisdom for me?

To top it off I went to get my hair cut on Wednesday. I know that I have short hair to begin with, but it was getting "long" for my style and it needed a trim. Well, my stylist was stressed and cut off alot! I didn't really notice at the time, but once I got home and showered I noticed that it was quite a bit shorter than I would have liked. So, on top of feeling overwhelmed I feel self conscious since I feel like I look like a boy. My hair is shorter than DaddyZabba's hair. I guess the good thing is that it will grow.

0 comments: