Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Surprises

There were many surprises today..

  • LittleZabba had her 6 month check up today. She weighs in at a hearty 15 lb. 6 oz. She is in the 45th percentile for weight. That surprised me only because BigZabba was in the 95th percentile each time we went to the doctor. At 6 months BigZabba was 16 lb. 9 oz.
  • Tonight when I was trying to do 10 things at the same time I was surprised with the "helpfulness" of BigZabba. LittleZabba was not happy about her green beans tonight and she just would not stop crying about eating them. So I put the bowl down and continued with making dinner and decided to try again in a few minutes. Well walking away did not help the situation. Without a word BigZabba picked up the bowl and started to feed LittleZabba. The crying stopped and she ate without complaint. I guess she was just tired of seeing my mug in front of her face!
  • I am not the most creative when it comes to cooking. So tonight when that time once again rolled around to figure out what to make for dinner I thought I would get out a cookbook and see if anything inspired me. I actually found a recipe that I had all the ingredients for, it sounded good, so I gave it a shot. It was so yummy, surprisingly! So, if you are in need of a good recipe that is fast and surprisingly healthy, this is it..
Lemon Pepper Salmon Fillet
(serve with brown rice & broccoli)
Ingredients: 2 tbsp. fat free mayo, 1 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning, 2 lemons, salmon fillet(s), green onion, parsley.
Directions: Prepare brown rice, while rice is cooking preheat broiler. In a small bowl comind the fat free mayo, lemon-pepper seasoning, and lemon juice from 1 lemon. Lightly coat broiler pan with cooking spray. Place fillets on the broiler pan (skin side down) and brush sauce over the top. Broil salmon approx. 6 inches from broiler until the fillets are cooked throughout and flake easily with a fork. (about 12-15 minutes) While the salmon is broiling, steam the broccoli until crisp tender. Stir green onion and parsley into the cooked rice. Serve salmon with rice and broccoli, top salmon and broccoli with a squeeze of fresh lemon. Enjoy!

I hope that you find delightful surprises in your day too!

0 comments: