Monday, February 18, 2008

May I Take your Order?

What was your first job? My first job was working at McDonalds. I was so excited to have a real job. My first week there I was a cook. That was a joke. I really was not fast enough, plus I did not look so good in the hair net. The managers quickly learned that I was best suited for the cash registers. Eventually they let me work the drive thru. I liked that job, but it can be quite stressful. And in case you didn't know, the drive thru workers can hear everything you say while you are in the drive thru line. It was entertaining to hear the conversations that went on when they thought you couldn't hear them. It was a good first job. It was humbling to have to wear that awful uniform. After one year it was time to move on.
This was me on my last day, May 2, 1994.

0 comments: