Thursday, February 21, 2008

Got 10 Minutes?

My sister called me tonight..."Got 10 minutes to mix up a dessert?", she asked. She whipped this up and knew that I would love it too. So, not long later we were munching on this piece of yumminess.

Enjoy.

First mix the following ingredients together and spread into a very well greased 8x8 pan:
1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbs. cocoa
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk
2 Tbs. melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla

Then, mix the following together and sprinkle evenly over the batter:
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbs. cocoa

Last pour 1 cup of boiling water (or 1 cup strong hot coffee if you want a mocha flavor) over the whole thing.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream. Yummy!

5 comments:

momof3under12 said...

Good grief! You're fast. You beat me to it! :)
Glad you liked it. 1/2 of mine is already gone.

rbredow said...

It feels like we live in the future. I'm reading about tonight's dessert by reading your blog.

I'm going to go try it now...

rbredow said...

I have an update:

Yummy.

momof3under12 said...

Now I have an update:

Mine is gone.

Melissa said...

Hayden and I made this tonight after dinner. Yum!! Will definitely have to make it again.