Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Drama Continues

This morning DaddyZabba took BigZabba to school, hoping that removing "Mommy" from the situation would help ease the separation..no. This only caused the drama to begin earlier, at the front door saying good bye to Mommy rather than in front of the classroom saying good bye to Mommy.

I am left feeling like the bad guy. My child is screaming, "I want Mommy! I don't want to go to school. I want Mommy. Mommy!" and I walk away. How awful. If I were to give in I could make all this stress go away. She would be happy, I wouldn't have to deal with this drama daily, life would be less stressful. But, then she would "win". If I allow this to continue, how long do I allow it to continue? It is spilling over into other areas of our life that used to be stress free. Going to church is now a huge issue, playtime at MOPS is now a problem, and I question every outing wondering if this will be something that will set her off. If pre-school is causing this much commotion, is it really worth it? It is only pre-school, and getting through this drama now is no guarantee that kindergarten will be any better.

So Moms, I need your vote. Pull her out or push through the pain?

0 comments: